From the 2011 Year of Memories Brag Book by Dani Mogstad
What did I read this month?
Not a ton of reading this month. Mostly stitching. I've started several books, but none are really "sticking."
What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
* TV Time: All done with standard TV shows! Summer shows should start back next month, though I'm not exactly sure what starts when.
* New Films: Um, have I seen any new films? I know, summer movie season has started, and we haven't seen not one single thing! We're behind 3-4 movies already, and with as crazy as our June will probably be, I don't see us making it any time soon. Very frustrating. Oh wait, there was one movie: How to Steal a Million, with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole. It was okay, but Charade is better.
* Old Favorites: We haven't even had movies on in the background much this month. Prince of Egypt, Treasure Planet, Planet of the Apes (the original), Rush Hour, Pacific Rim (not really a favorite, but we had it on for a while).
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
It was so great to see my grandmother for Mother's Day. We hadn't seen her in over a year due to her starting cancer treatment in November and not really having the immune strength to entertain visitors (particularly the notorious disease carrying children and parents there of). We also saw my grandfather and put on a family baseball game for his entertainment over Memorial Day.
What gifts did I give and/or receive? What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I received some jewelry from my grandmother. She is apparently going through her "stash" since she's been homebound, and she gave me some lovely pieces. My favorite is this absolutely gorgeous ring! It's costume jewelry (not precious or semi-precious stones), but that doesn't matter. I absolutely love it! One of the few advantages of having very large hands for a woman: I can wear big honkin' rings.
I got new glasses, which seemed to have solved my headache problem. We also finally upgraded our phones. Hubby got a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and I got a Galaxy S5. Yes, this is an accomplishment because I *hate* learning a new phone, but mine was to the point that it wouldn't even hold a charge for 12 hours, and several of the recent app updates were extremely slow. I know it's new and fancy and all, but I'm going to miss my slide out keyboard (even if the new phone is much thinner and lighter, and still needs a case that is more "me").
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
We all managed to stay pretty healthy this month. (And yes, I waited until June to type that sentence, just in case!) Unless sitting on your feet like this counts as a health concern? (It doesn't now, but it might later in life! LOL)
What new things and Pinterest pins I try this month?
Squeezed in a few recipes this month, though I'm not sure if I'm going to make my quota of 101 by the end of June. I should have taken a picture of the Taco Stuffed Shells; they were pretty!
- Double Chocolate Brownies (pretty good)
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce (Red) - This Week for Dinner (did not care for this one)
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce - D*mn Delicious (really liked this one)
- Taco Stuffed Shells (loved this! used above enchilada sauce recipe)
- Honey Cinnamon Butter Buttons (used as toast spread)
What were my accomplishments this month?
Finishing my Midsummer Night's Fairy was by far my greatest accomplishment. I'm so thrilled she is done! Don't feel like I accomplished much else, honestly. My 101 Days (version 3) will be up in less than a month, and I won't get nearly as much done as I hope. Oh well, there's always Version 4!
What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
He passed the CRCT! He actually took the test in April, but we got his scores in May. He was comfortably in the "meets the standard" category for every section of the test, and even got "exceeds the standard" in two sections, social studies (?!!) and math (duh). He was also on the Principal's Honor Roll (all A/S) for the sixth straight semester.
Luke also received his baseball participation medal. The coach gave the stats on each boy. Luke had the highest batting average on our team (15/16) and was one of two with no strikeouts.
What were this month's disappointments or frustrations?
A bunch of little ones, both work and home, including one very spectacular child meltdown during mid-month, but nothing really worth mentioning.
Anything else noteworthy to record?
Can't think of anything.
Monthly Round Up concept courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady, tweaked by me.
Currently feeling: finally rounding again in 2014