Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Gaston Family Recipe Scoring


Recently on Facebook, my friends and I got into a discussion of how we rate recipes. I realized a while back that I actually have a fairly specific - if unusual - scoring system for all recipes, and just for the fun of it, I made up this graphic to go along.

Unfortunately, tonight's dinner was a complete bust. I tried two new recipes, which is uncommon in and of itself. Typically, I only make one new recipe at a time, since doing more than that has the potential to lead to disasters such as tonight where someone(s) leave the table hungry. The meatloaf scored a mere 1.5 spoons (DH ate all of his, I only ate half of mine). The no-boil mac and cheese scored 2 spoons (and you know it had to be pretty sad if *I* threw away mac and cheese). To me, new recipe success means the meal scores at least 3 spoons, and we didn't even come close tonight.
Currently feeling: hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!