Monday, July 20, 2015

Cookies: A Conversation With Luke


As we enter the kitchen after dinner at Panera, he spots a fortune cookie on the counter....

L: Can I have this fortune cookie?
Me: No, you had a cookie at dinner.
L: But I didn't have a fortune cookie.
Me (more firmly): You already had a cookie at dinner.
L: But this is super crunchy! It's not even a cookie.
Me: IT HAS COOKIE IN THE NAME! It's printed right on the package!
L: But
Me. NO!
(Please tell me he's going to be a lawyer and that all this arguing is just practice for a stellar career....)

Currently feeling: completely exasperated (and sensing more in my future)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!