Thursday, November 20, 2003

Feast or famine

Some days I have trouble coming up with something to expound on (yesterday was not one of those days, BTW; I was just very busy). Other days, I have so many different things on my mind that it's hard to decide where to start blogging. If they are fairly generic topics that don't relate to something going on in the current time frame, then I'll add it to a list of things to blog on later during one of my famine periods (I know, how pathetic is that). Today is one of those feast type days where I have so much on my mind, I don't even know where to start.

I have been told on numerous occasions that people "can see my wheels turning," that I'm always thinking about something. It's true; I am virtually always thinking about *multiple* somethings. But they aren't always important somethings. DH has learned after all these years that if he asks what I'm thinking and I say "nothing," that really means that I'm thinking a ton of small and not really discussion-worthy things. Occasionally, he'll ask me to tell him what nothings I am thinking, and he always seems surprised at the length of the list.

How long are these lists? Well, here is what I am currently pondering: I need to be doing work right now :-p, I'm really really tired, I had two dreams last night that are still troubling me and I am pondering their meaning (if any), there was (IMO) a scientific error on Star Trek Enterprise last night that is bugging me (which I will probably blog on later, geek that I am), I wonder if I will really be able to come off of my blood pressure medicine in two weeks like the doctor said I might (fingers crossed), I haven't mused on Master and Commander yet, we have tons of things we need to do with the house before conceiving, we still haven't conceived (yes, this is only month two, but I'm used to being an overachiever), I still need to mail my ornaments for the exchange, I haven't even started thinking about Christmas presents yet when I'm usually 1/2 to 3/4 of the way finished by now, we haven't solidified Thanksgiving plans yet, I can't even settle on a Christmas card to send out and I need to mail them soon so the overseas ones make it, West Wing was much better last night than it has been so far this season, there will be a headcount reduction announced around the first of the year when we just went through one, I miss my brother (in Miami) and my best friend (in Texas) badly, and I have a ton of weddings coming up in the next year. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Whew! I fell better getting all of that off my brain. Now I can get back to pondering it all. Might even expound on it later. Aren't you excited? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!