Monday, February 09, 2004

BIG NEWS!

I've been trying to come up with some clever way to announce this, but I can't, and a few of you already know, so I'll just come right out and say it. Steve and I are expecting our first child in early October! To knock off most of the FAQs:
1) Official due date is October 7; my first appointment was Friday (02/06) and "everything looks great," according to my doctor.
2) No, we will probably NOT find out the gender in advance, but I reserve the right to change my mind.
3) No, we don't have any names picked yet.
4) Yes, I actually feel fine. Mild nausea early on, but it has mostly disappeared in the last few days, thank goodness. About the only lingering "symptom" is constant hunger, which is to be expected.
5) Yes, we're both very excited, but not nearly as excited as the grandparents and uncles-to-be. LOL
6) No, I don't have any baby webpages set up, yet. :) Give me a little time. We've barely even known for a week.

There really isn't any other news to report at this point. I'm only about 5.5 weeks along. My first ultrasound (to verify the position of the sac, and to potentially verify a heartbeat, though it might be too early) will be in early March, and I *may* even have pictures (no promises).

I briefly debated starting a separate blog for endless jabbering about pregnancy, but I decided against it. This blog is about my life and all that it involves, and I can't imagine much of anything involving more of your life than your first pregnancy (except the arrival of a child, which I can't speak to, yet). So, advanced apologies to those who don't want to read about my journey. Come back next year and read all about my new baby instead. :-) And to those who do want to read about it, thank you for your interest and support in our next amazing adventure! I do have an email list for "direct to your inbox" monthly pregnancy updates, if you're interested (drop me an email if you want to be on it), but to be honest, blog readers will probably know most things before the email list folks will. Don't you feel special?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!