Monday, January 17, 2005

The war hits home

I won't go into my feelings about what is going on in Iraq. Most of you know that I keep my political opinions very close to the vest. But none of that is really important now. It was always there, and I've always had at least a vague opinion on what's going on, but it was still far away and rather abstract. No longer.

My cousin left Ft. Benning on Saturday, headed for Iraq. "They" say his unit will be 50 miles from heaviest action. I now join the hundreds of thousands of other people who are not only concerned for the lives of our troups in general, but who add to that the worry for a specific soldier. I pray he comes home soon, alive and in one piece, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!