Saturday, December 03, 2005

If I only had a brain

Well, DH just made me feel stupid. They're showing The Wizard of Oz on TNT right now. I love that movie! I can't tell you how many times I've seen it. I know most of the dialog and songs by heart. So, we're watching the Tin Man introduction scene, and it comes to the line "I'd be friends with the sparrows, and the boy who shoots the arrows." And DH looks at me and says "I don't know how long it took me to figure out who they meant by that." Who they meant by what? "The boy who shoots the arrows." Well, he lives in the woods; I always assumed he meant a neighbor or something. DH just looks at me like I'm a loon. "It's Cupid!" he says. Oh. Can you say DUH? Man, I feel like an idiot. He's absolutely right, and I can't believe I never caught on before. It's just one of those things that I know so well, I don't even think about it anymore.

Currently feeling: stupid

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad. It wasn't until a year ago that I realized Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and the ABC song were the same tune..LOL Talk about feeling dumb.

    Love The Wizard too!!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!