Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Validation

I'm not one to do things just so that someone else will say "good job." I don't need the validation to do what I think is right, and I don't do things just to hear such a comment. But every once in a while, it is really nice to receive a compliment for something I'd be doing anyway, even if it is small and silly.

Friday, a group of local ladies from my stitching BBs got together to shop and eat with an out of town BB member. We had a great time, as we always do. But the unexpectedly best part of my afternoon was when the conversation turned to movies. Obviously, I have an affinity for the subject. :-) Eventually, I mentioned V for Vendetta as a recent movie I'd seen, and someone asked me a few questions about it. I answered, pretty much with the info in my musing, and Heather turned to me and said she wasn't sure about seeing that one, but after reading my movie musings on it, she decided it would probably be pretty good to see. You mean, my opinion on a movie actually affected whether or not you wanted to see it? Really? You're not just kidding me? She really did mean it. She said she wasn't sure if it would be too violent, but she knew that if I had seen it and I liked it, that it was probably okay for her. And since I compared it favorably to The Matrix (a film she quite likes), she added it to her list of films to see. I was so honored! I mean, I send these things out, and I know I have 40+ people on my email list, but most of them are family or friends, and I just assumed the signed up to be nice. To find out that someone actually cares about what I think and has been swayed by my thoughts on the matter to see a film.... well, I was touched. Nice to know I'm doing more than simply amusing myself.

Currently feeling: pleased

1 comment:

  1. I love your movie reviews. There have been a couple of movies that I had decided not to see until reading your musings and then I went and saw them and enjoyed myself.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!