Saturday, May 20, 2006

Nectar of the Gods

Forgive me for waxing rhapsodic, but it is oh so good! Made all the better when you only get to have it once or twice a year. Great flavor (especially the day after), so sweet as to almost hurt, completely clear (NEVER cloudy!), and the beautiful amber color. ::deep sigh:: That, my friends, is all that iced tea should be! I had a glass of tea this week for the first time in over a year. You see, I'm not allowed to drink it any more. Me, a Southerner born and raised! It's almost like having part of me amputated. You know all those anti-oxidants that people say you should drink tea for because they're good for you? Yeah, those would be the same things that put rocks in my kidneys; it's like drinking a liquid kindey stone. I had to quit drinking it cold turkey almost (gosh) 5 years ago, and I thought it would kill me. After about 2 years of complete abandonment, I started allowing myself to have 1 or 2 glasses a year. This was my time for this year. And was it ever worth the wait!

Currently feeling: bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!