Friday, September 08, 2006

We have daycare!!!

Woo-hoo! We have daycare!!! I finally found a place that I liked that had openings. The irony? It is a KinderCare center, the same chain I stayed in as a child. Why it didn't occur to me to look there before now, I'm not sure, but I'm glad I did. I used CitySearch for ratings, and not only was this one more highly rated than the 10 other sites I had marked to call today (1 other KinderCare, the rest various private and chain places), it was the only one of the 10 shown as "recommended" by their users and editors. I was truly surprised that they had an opening. They are a touch more expensive than any of the other places I was looking at (about $8 per week), and they are not the closest KinderCare to us, but I was very comfortable there, and the staff consists of some of the nicest people I have met, so it will be worth it. I think Luke will really enjoy it. I don't have an official start date yet (I took the tour late this afternoon), but I'd guess a week from this coming Monday.

I want to thank all of you for supporting me through what has been an extremely tough time with finding a daycare. Lots of you have heard even more of the gory details than I have provided here, everyone has given great advice (and helped me through the incident with psycho lady), and most importantly, just listened when I needed someone. Thank you all so much!
Currently feeling: thrilled

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys - that's awesome news!!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're found somewhere you like. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!