Saturday, June 02, 2007

May 2007 Round Up

Monthly Round Up idea borrowed from Katie the Scrapbook Lady.


Credit: Pinky Blinkies


It's that time again. I'm really tired right now, so we'll see if I can get through this all in one sitting. I'm afraid it probably won't be as detailed as normal. (I see some of you jumping for joy and others pouting in disappointment.)

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Oh, oh, I finally have an answer for this one! I re-read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in preparation for the film debut in about six weeks. (BTW, in case you haven't heard, the US premiere date has been pushed up two days to Wednesday, July 11.) I have Half-Blood Prince on deck for re-read so I'm ready for the release of Deathly Hallows, but I haven't cracked it open yet.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Summer movie season is here!!! It's about freakin' time. Ah, I can just feel my body relax, knowing there is plenty in the theaters to keep us more than busy during the rare opportunities to visit the theater. Though I did actually manage to see both films on my hot list for May. Spider-Man 3 was pretty good, I thought. Better than Pirates 3, IMO. I definitely need to see Pirates again. It was too much to keep up with the first time, and knowing that I shouldn't expect greatness, I may be able to enjoy it more. One can hope. I've watched bits and pieces of various films on television as they've come on, but I don't really track those or consider them worthy of mentioning most months. I am watching Dragonheart right now, though. It is on one of the independent Hi-Def channels we get. I haven't seen this movie in ages! I'd forgotten how fun it is.

Nothing new, I don't think, in the TV department. Just May sweeps of my regular programs. Now comes the long drought until Fall. I did set up a few new things to record on the DVR for summer, but I haven't watched any of them yet. I have From the Earth to the Moon recording on The Science Channel. I'm hoping they'll start over when they get to the end, since I missed the first three episodes (either that, or I'll get my brother to rent them from Netflix for me). I also have The Universe and Cities of the Underworld recorded to try, two new shows on The History Channel. And I recorded the two Star Wars programs on The History Channel last weekend, but haven't watched those either. So basically, I recorded a bunch of stuff in May, but didn't actually watch any of it! LOL

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Mother's Day was a very quiet affair, as usual. Cards and two meals I didn't have to cook. What more could a mom ask for? And I'm not sure "celebrate" is quite the right world, but per tradition (with the extra day off allowing some nice extra time), we did go visit my parents.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I sent baby gifts to my best friend's sister, who gave birth to twins, and a big sister gift to her daughter (didn't think it was fair to send the babies presents and not include her). That's all that comes to mind. Seems like I sent a few cards to some people under the weather as well.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I had one of my own that I don't really care to discuss here. I thought the doctor and I had come up with a solution, but apparently not. I imagine I'll have to go back to see her next month. Joy.

And we almost made it a whole month without a Luke illness to report, but not quite. He came down with a fever of 103 on May 29. He'd been coughing at night for a couple of weeks by then, and had had a runny nose for almost week. Had to be an ear infection, and in fact, it was two. I'm betting the ENT will recommend tubes come July.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
We took Luke to the beach! That was great fun, and he had a great time. My father even taught him to say "beach bum." LOL He also "played golf" in the back yard with my father. I think we also introduced him to bubbles in May (can't remember exactly). He had seen them before, at the hair salon and at his speech therapy evaluation, but never in our own yard, blown by us. When he blows out, he still blows "up," like trying to blow his hair out of his eyes. He can't get the hang of blowing outward. (He does the same thing when trying to blow off his food to cool it. It's so cute! LOL)

And Jacob visited, which is always nice. He was up here apartment hunting. He found a great place (from what I hear, I haven't seen it myself), and he will be *finally* moving up here in mid-June. Everyone in my family, including him, is beyond thrilled!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Um, uh, er.... none. ::hangs head in shame:: Well, I did finally try the lasagna at Artuzzi's. I was not impressed.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I really can't think of any off-hand. Just the basics, really: food, gas, scrapping supplies....

What were this month's disappointments?
Well, the second ear infection in less than eight weeks was a *huge* disappointment to me, especially knowing what that probably means (tubes).

What were my accomplishments this month?
Not really sure this counts as an accomplishment, but it was a pleasant surprise. My contract will officially be seen through its completion in August, so I have a little extra time to find a new job. But I was informed Friday that I may not have to! It's all a bit hush-hush right now, since nothing is officially official. Should know more in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you updated.

I also continued scrapping, though not a great deal (about the same as April, really). I'm working to make it a more regular habit, trying to get back in the swing of participating in various challenges. We'll see how that goes. We're pretty busy from now through October (seriously), so we'll have to see.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
His talking, or at least his vocabulary, is improving still, though it has slowed in the last week or so (another sign of the impending ear infection). He has added a lot of new words (including "beach bum," thanks Dad), and he is getting better about trying to communicate his wishes with words instead of grunting. Not that we can understand him most of the time, which is frustrating for all of us, but he is trying.

We also graduated to big boy pants, aka pull-ups. He was showing all the signs, even using the potty on occasion if we asked him to. He was thrilled with his Cars pants (the design on the pull-ups). But since we've put him in them, it's like he forgot what to do. It's so odd. He was making great progress, we took the next step, and then he not only stopped progressing, but he has actually regressed. Frustrating, but I'm sure we'll get through it. Soon, though, I hope, since he cannot move to the 3-year-old class at daycare until he is potty trained.

Oh, and his finger healed beautifully! He had a band-aid on it forever and a day, but once the scab came off, we (finally) convinced him to go without one. I never dreamed it would look as good as it does. Guess that's the advantage of being young, you heal well!

Anything else noteworthy to record?
I really can't think of anything. As usual, I feel like I've forgotten something major, but I have no idea what.

Currently feeling: noteworthy

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the ear infection and the possible solution. But ultimately, it might be better for him and help improve his hearing as well. {{Hugs}}

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for your contract!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!