Thursday, August 02, 2007

July 2007 Round Up

Monthly Round Up idea borrowed from Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

I'm rather tired, and I didn't take very good notes this month, so this will probably be unusually cryptic. Good grief, where did July go?!!


Credit: Pinky Blinkies


What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Reread Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and finally (along with the rest of the planet) got to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I've been digesting that ever since, so I'm just now getting to the point that I am ready to read something else. I've got a few interesting possibilities sitting on my shelves.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Well, we rewatched all four Harry Potter movies on DVD prior to seeing Order of the Phoenix in theaters (very very good). We also saw Transformers (quite a lot of fun).

And somehow, after all these years of thinking it was a very silly show, I have managed to get hooked on CSI:Miami (via the reruns on A&E). I gladly watch the other two, but Miami just irked me. It just didn't seem like CSI, the way the other two do; it just didn't "feel right." But once I divorced it in my mind from being part of the CSI franchise, I could enjoy it on its own merits, more as a cop show supported by forensics than as a forensics show (subtle difference that probably doesn't make any sense to anyone but me).

What special days did I celebrate and how?
A few special days this month, but not too much in the way of special celebration. Our anniversary is July 4th, so those two get wrapped up with each other, though we ultimately didn't do anything special for either. Luke is too young to stay up for fireworks (still goes to bed at 7), and our anniversary was very quiet. I think we ate hot dogs (as pigs in blankets), which happens only once or twice a year, so I guess that was special, LOL! My birthday was equally quiet, though with many well-wishes from family and friends, including a very unexpected phone call from my grandfather.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Just cards for anniversary, though I did give DH the new Star Wars original trilogy handheld plug-and-play game unit (would have been his birthday present, but I thought he would buy it for himself before August!). Afterwards, we agreed on no birthday gifts because we want to buy a new computer, hopefully soon. Luke received a t-shirt from BIL and SIL, and I finally got the burned DVD of all of their wedding pictures (gee, wonder what those are for?). I think that's everything.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Luke had a sinus infection we didn't know about until his ENT follow-up visit, during which he was diagnosed with a need for tubes (not a surprise). And less than a week later, Luke broke his arm. I'd say that is more than plenty for one month.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Jacob came over for half of the Harry Potter rewatch. He also babysat while we saw Transformers (well, he listened to the baby monitor while Luke slept, since we didn't leave until after bedtime). We took Luke to Fernbank Science Center, which he seemed to enjoy (boy, was it HOT!). My parents also visited.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
We finally tried Sonic, and we were not impressed. Too far to drive for the quality of food, and WAY overpriced. I wasn't even that impressed with the milkshake. Very disappointing. And although this restaurant is not new to us, it is a place I probably have not eaten at since I was a teenager (if not longer ago): Piccadilly! There is one that I pass almost every day taking Luke to daycare, and we were really bored with our regular places one day, so we popped in. I got the same thing I used to get as a kid, but I was afraid I had built up the memory of the taste in my mind and would be disappointed. Nope, it was just as good as I remembered and tasted almost exactly the same. It was like stepping back in time! I felt like I was six years old again. It was so yummy! We have been several times since then.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
None really, unless you count a cast for Luke's arm!

What were this month's disappointments?
Luke's tubes and arm. And I'm disappointed with myself for not doing more (any?) scrapping.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Getting anything at all done this month at work was quite an accomplishment with all of the doctor visits! Sheesh.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
Surviving more or less in once piece! Honestly, nothing else specific comes to mind. His teacher thinks he is ready to move on from pull-ups to real underwear (despite the no pooping in the potty issue, so that's not going to be fun). But I know my son, and once we make the switch, there is no going back. I don't want to have to worry about real underwear with his up-coming tubes procedure, so we'll at least wait until after that to make the switch. It's only two weeks. Perhaps we can make progress on the poop issue in the meantime.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
DH accidentally shaved off his goatee and moustache, which was both shocking and amusing.

Currently feeling: time flies

1 comment:

  1. You certainly did have some month!!

    So what was your favorite dish at Piccadilly?? Inquiring tastebuds must know!!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!