Sunday, August 31, 2008

August 2008 Round Up

I really feel like I am missing stuff for this month, but I am flat out exhausted, and I need to get this posted.


Blinkie by: Jo's Blinkie Obsession (no longer active)


Monthly Round Up idea borrowed from Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Le sigh, again nothing. Started a book, but it's only about 25% done, and it's not looking like it will be finished any time soon.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Lots and lots of Olympics! Part of why I'm tired (yes, still).

What special days did I celebrate and how?
DH's birthday was a bust. See "new restaurant" section.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Just cards for the August birthdays around here (DH, BIL, my brother). Received some wonderful old photos in the mail from Steve's grandmother.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Luke had a sinus infection that required some truly noxious medicine. Thank goodness for extra medicine flavoring! I had sniffles off and on, but nothing serious.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Touch a Truck. Visited my parents and my grandfather over Labor Day weekend.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Tried Moe's Southwest Grill again. Had only been there once, I think. Eh, probably won't be back. It was okay, nothing spectacular, and nothing Luke will eat. Dynasty Garden was a new Chinese place, and we both thought it was terrible. Made the mistake of eating there for DH's birthday, so it was doubly disappointing.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
New cake pan for Luke's birthday. That's all that really comes to mind. Seems like there was something else, but it's not coming to me.

What were this month's disappointments?
Had two consecutive not-so-good weeks at work (part of why my blog has been quiet), compounded by the fact that my boss officially left. New boss is great, don't get me wrong, but I really miss my old boss/friend.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I stitched! Finished a fob and a temari, and made good progress on a second partially finished temari. Just needs an obi, but I'm trying to figure out what kind I want to do.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
Everyone says his speech is much better. And his imagination is really taking off. Legos are his current favorite; they become all kinds of robots and space ships.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Lost power one evening and spent the night at a hotel, a rather unexpected excursion. Not exactly sure that was "fun," which is why I didn't put it elsewhere in this list. Just interesting. And Luke crashed the Lego bookshelves.

Currently feeling: very tired

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!