Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 2009 Round Up


Created using Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker.
Click mosaic to biggify, or see my March 2009 Project 365 Posts.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Maybe I should just take this question off the list....

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Mostly the usual. Still watching Dollhouse, and it is getting better. More Joss-like, which is good. Dancing With the Stars started back this month, and we started watching the new show that comes on after it: Castle. Stars Nathan Fillion, and we really like it! So do my parents, which means it is very likely to get cancelled. ::sigh:: Let's see how it goes. We also got Bolt on Blu-ray, and Luke is enjoying it immensely.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
I really don't remember any.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
My friend Shalini made a fob for me at my request, so she gave me the gift of her time and skills. A couple of small things from Disney for a few people. Nothing big.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
March was actually a good month, mostly. Luke's fingers healed nicely, though he did run a pretty high fever early in the month. He hasn't been sick again since, but the ENT says he might need another set of tubes due to chronic fluid on the ears.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
We went to Disney World! LOL

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
A few new restaurants, actually, but all at Disney. We tried the Liberty Tree Tavern at MK, the San Angel Inn Cantina in Mexico at Epcot, and T-Rex and Planet Hollywood at Downtown.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Just the usual, even at Disney. Oh, wait, we did get drums for Guitar Hero.

What were this month's disappointments?
Our last day at Disney was a disaster, which I found hugely disappointing.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Knocked off 3 more items from the 101 List.
* 37. Ride a new roller coaster. (Expedition Everest)
* 41. Take a long trip to Disney World (6 or more consecutive days in FL).
* 56. Take Luke to play miniature golf.

Number 37 was a carryover from my previous list, but I will admit that once I added 41, I figured Everest would be the one to fulfill that requirement. I had not intended to do 56 at Disney. There is a safari themed course not too far from here that I thought would be the one, but when the opportunity presented itself during our trip, it seemed silly not to go on and do it.

Project 365 continues to go well. I actually managed not to miss a day in March, which was nice.

We also had several big projects complete at work. One had been a problem child since day 1 and was quite a slog to drag through, so we're all thrilled that one is over. Another was an expedite that we pulled through in 75 days instead of the usual 120 or so. A good month at work, really, in terms of completions. We're still waiting for that flood of new work we have been promised since December.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?


Luke was as good as gold for our entire Disney trip. I was *so* proud of him and his behavior. He did get a little whiny at the end, but that was to be expected given how tired we all were. Other than that, he was extremely well behaved! And he *loved* Expedition Everest, so we officially have a roller coaster junkie on our hands. And then we got home. And the lying started. He is lying about little things for no reason, like he didn't get any orange juice when I just watched him drink half a glass of it. Why?! If he was lying to get out of being in trouble, I might could understand (not like it, but understand). But this? For no reason at all? It is driving me crazy.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Can't think of anything at the moment.

Monthly Round Up courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

Currently feeling: mouse-ified in March

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!