Thursday, June 25, 2009

The King is Dead, Long Live the King

Michael Jackson died today at the age of 50. I have to admit, it is a bit of a shock. He was the self-proclaimed King of Pop. I even remember when he was called that. Seems like ages ago. There is no doubt that Michael Jackson left us a musical legacy unlikely to be rivaled for many years. He *still* has the #1 selling album of all time, and that was 25 years ago. (And I still have my vinyl copy somewhere.) But in recent years, he was much more well known for bizarre behavior. I've often wondered what my son will know of him. Is it his music or his life that will be remembered 25 years from now? I hope his music. Whatever else he may or may not have been, he was a good musician and a fantastic performer. I hope he has finally found peace.

Currently feeling: long live the king

1 comment:

  1. Love the moonwalk smiley/icon. :)

    In my mind at least, he will always be remembered for his music and dancing talent. Whatever else anyone thinks of him, he was undeniably a great talent. His behavior later in life was always such a shame and a dissapointment to me.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!