Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Worried About Tigger

I can't sleep tonight. I'm worrying about Tigger. She just hasn't been acting like herself for a few days. I can't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but at their last vet visit, Bengal and Tigger were diagnosed as pre-diabetic, and all three cats are overweight (which we already knew). We were told that we needed to switch them to a 100% wet food diet for the pre-diabetes, since all dry food is basically cereal and too high in carbs. So we switched, thinking this should be the easiest thing ever. Ha. Cleo loves it and may have even gained some weight since the switch. Both Bengal and Tigger really do not care for the wet food, though Bengal seems to be getting used to it. Tigger, well, sometimes she eats, and sometimes she doesn't. We thought she would start eating more once she realized that this is all she is going to get, but she's really not eating much. Yes, she's lost weight (so has Bengal), but I think she might actually be too thin now.

Then, over the last few days, I haven't seen much of her. Yesterday and today, I hardly saw her at all. I know where she's hiding, I'm just worried about her. She's not bothering me when I use the computer, and she's not jumping into my recliner the instant I get up. She's not even scratching on the stairs or the cardboard boxes. She just isn't acting like herself. I'll call the vet in the morning. For now, all I can do is fret and have flashbacks to Shadow from 2 years ago. So much for sleep tonight.

Currently feeling: concerned

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!