Saturday, October 31, 2009

October 2009 Round Up


Created using Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker.
Click mosaic to biggify, or see my October 2009 Project 365 Posts.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I did all kinds of reading this month, but it was primarily house related. Really ready to finally be able to read something else!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Television: The usual, plus new Mythbusters and Good Eats, which celebrated its 10th anniversary.

At the Theater: Toy Story and Toy Story 2 3-D Double Feature (very interesting, but not quite as amazing as I was expecting; hoping for more from Toy Story 3).

Old Favorites: We did show Luke both Kung Fu Panda and Beauty and the Beast for the first time. I know he watched Hercules for rest more than once. Other than that, I don't really remember. It was an absolutely crazy month. Wait, a review of my tweets shows we watched The Great Mouse Detective (thanks, Twitter! LOL).

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Luke's birthday! We had a whole bunch of folks over, and it was so great to see everyone.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Gifts to Luke for his birthday, obviously. I don't recall any others.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Luke had his first ever bout of pink eye. We also got him the nasal flu immunization, and he was sick for a good 4-5 days from that, much sicker than I expected. We think that may have triggered the ear problems that are now causing the ENT to make noises about a second set of tubes *and* adenoid removal. Thankfully, these are all pretty minor health issues, but it sure seemed to be one thing after another this month.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
My parents got to go trick-or-treating with Luke for the first time this year. I didn't realize it until they said something that the last Halloween they spent with him was when he was just 3 weeks old! Luke and I also made cookies together, and we carved our first jackolantern since Luke was born.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
We were lucky to simply get around to eating this month. Experimenting was out of the question.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
A house! And I have the reams of papers to prove it. Sure was a headache though. Loan folks kept asking for (IMO irrelevant) last minute stuff, and we had to delay closing because they were late getting the papers to the lawyer. ::head desk::

What were this month's disappointments?
The news about Luke possibly needing a second set of tubes was a real blow. We've spend the last 12-18 months trying to avoid it, and yet here we are. It's not a done deal yet, but I'd be surprised if we're not booked for surgery for early 2010 (yikes, did I really just put that year down?!! less than 2 months away).

What were my accomplishments this month?
Only one of my 101 Things got done this month (so many other things to do!), but that's actually one more than I thought would happen. I was convinced when the month started that there would be zero.

88. Remove/replace front bushes.
DH was a dear and did this one for me one morning. In fact, it was the same morning that Luke and I were nearly killed by someone running a red light. It is also when he found the horseshoe buried in the ground under the bushes. Coincidence?


Project 365 is going well. Only two months left, and I have to say, as fun and interesting as it has been, with things as crazy as they are, it feels like a chore some days. I'm actually glad it will be over soon, though I'm sure I'll miss it some next year. I do think that I will take photos more frequently than I used to going forward (though not every single day), thanks to the experience.

My proudest accomplishment, though, is having this year's CD calendar as done as I can make it. I have all of the pages through December constructed, and I have photos inserted through September. All I have to do is pop in the photos for the remaining months, and I am good to go. I'm just astounded I'm ahead of the game on *something* in this world.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?







I would say that turning 5 was quite the accomplishment. There was more than one day I wasn't certain he would make it. (World's best parenting advice that used to be funny but is now simply truth: it's okay to *want* to kill them, just don't actually do it.) He was given the "all clear" from his doctor at his 5 year check up: 45.5 inches, 50.3 pounds, big feet LOL, and perfectly healthy. Kind-of makes me wonder how the ENT could be saying "will likely need tubes again plus adenoid removal" only 3 weeks later, doesn't it? He also came down with his first ever round pink eye within days of going to the doctor, which has equal chance of having come from the doctor's office or school (I'm sure it was on a communal toy or book). Giving him drops for a week was torture.

We all survived a trip to the outlet mall to get him long sleeved shirts. Shopping with a pre-schooler for the pre-schooler is just never fun, but he did pretty well. He also helped me in the kitchen for the first time by assisting with Chocolate Chip Cookies. And, we carved his first pumpkin (not a lot of help there, but he still thought it was a blast!).

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Tigger also got a clean bill of health from her doctor. Her check-up was clean, and her liver values came back completely normal. She is not on any medication, and she has even gained back most of her weight (oops). The vet would like her to lose one pound, but it is not worth tinkering with her food! LOL

Monthly Round Up courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

Currently feeling: in need of a break, but there's just no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!