Sunday, May 30, 2010

A journey of 1000 blog posts....

I've been keeping my eye on this particular stat for a while, and it has finally arrived. This is blog post number 1000! I know, I'm a little stunned myself. The girl who could never keep a diary for more than a few weeks at a time has been averaging just over 12 posts a month since October 2003. That's, what, about every 3 days? I passed 3000 tweets on Twitter a couple of weeks ago (missed that one), and for the first time in ages (likely a year or more, well before the move), I checked my blog hits. Apparently, I also crossed the 50,000 views mark sometime in the last 6 weeks as well. WOW! Thank you all for coming with me on this crazy adventure!

I know there are plenty of people out there who blog more than I do, and even more who journal more frequently, but if you'd told me when I started almost 7 (YIKES!) years ago that I would blog about every 3 days for this long, I'm not sure I'd have believed you. I likely would have said I'd do it for a few months, maybe a year or so, but I honestly expected that it would eventually fall off. No one is more surprised (or pleased) that this blog is still going strong than I. Hopefully, there are many more great years to come.

Currently feeling: a bit shocked

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!