Thursday, January 13, 2011

Post Office Fail

Okay, I need someone to explain this to me. Yesterday, I remembered that I had ordered some books right before New Year's from Book Closeouts, one of my favorite discount book places (no affiliation, just a happy customer). I know that their orders sometimes take a few days to get filled (what they lack in speed, they make up for in price!), plus they ship via media rate to save money, which is not exactly speedy. However, it had been about 2 weeks since I placed the orders, and I didn't recall getting a shipping notice via email.

I check my email; no shipping notice. I check my account online, which does show that the order shipped on Tuesday, January 4. However, given the media rate, it was probably supposed to deliver Monday or Tuesday, and we had kinda been snowed in with no mail since then. There was a tracking number, so I looked it up, expecting to see that it has been scanned in at the local post office and was still sitting there. Not a problem, I can wait for the thaw. Instead, I saw this: "Your item was delivered at 8:12 am on January 10, 2011 in ATLANTA, GA XXXXX" (where XXXXX is actually my correct ZIP code).

Um, no. There is NO way that box was delivered to my house on Monday, and certainly not at 8:12 AM. Not only was there no mail that day (or Tuesday or Wednesday, for that matter), I have photos that *prove* there were no tire tracks in front of my house or footprints leading to my front door at 9:45 AM Monday morning. There were also no footprints leading to my back door, nor is there a box sitting on or under the back porch. There were 9 books in my order, including several cookbooks. The box holding them would be somewhat large and hard to miss. Unless the mailman used a hover craft and/or a jetpack, there is NO way that box was delivered to my house on Monday. I have no idea what I am going to do, other than start calling people. SO not happy right now. I've been dealing with enough of this type of nonsense this week at work, why am I also being subjected to it at home?!

Currently feeling: pitying the post office

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. A Christmas gift for my niece was reported delivered 12 days before Christmas. No box at house, neighbors' houses, anywhere!

    Found it late last week. Don't know where they left it, but we found it in a field - at least a dozen yards from any house.

    Good luck getting yours straightened out, too.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!