Monday, February 28, 2011

February 2010 Round Up


Click mosaic to biggify. Created using Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Finished The Imagineering Field Guide to The Magic Kingdom, The Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot, and The Imagineering Field Guide to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Got about half way through (say it with me) The Imagineering Field Guide to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
* TV Time: Gotta love February sweeps. All kinds of new episodes going around on all of our shows. Tried Mr. Sunshine but didn't care for it. Will give Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior a few more weeks. Wasn't impressed with the first or second episodes, but we love the original series and we love Forrest Whitaker, so we'll give it a little longer. It may just need a little time to gel. Watched Jeopardy for the fist time in years to see the Watson computer compete. Watched some He-Man cartoons for the first time in decades! And watched as Playhouse Disney came to an end; it is being replaced with Disney Junior. Not a lot of programming changes yet, but still sad to see the incarnation that Luke grew up on cease to exist.
* New Films: Alice in Wonderland (2010 version; didn't really like it, it was just sort of there), and Race to Witch Mountain (2009 version; not a great movie, but I have definitely seen far worse, and who can resist The Rock's charm?).
* Old Favorites: Groundhog Day, Ladyhawke, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Up, Chicago, Contact, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Bolt, A Bug's Life

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Our family Valentine's Day celebration was very low key and took place several days afterward, but that's okay. It really is the thought that counts!

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Luke received a couple of LEGO Ninjago figures for Valentine's Day. He totally loves them! DH and I exchanged cards, and he bought me three red carnations about a week after V'Day.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Now that February is officially over, I will dare to type this: none! Everyone was healthy all month long.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
A get together with my local girls! We haven't all officially gotten together in over 3 years (I know!). Life just got busy. I've seen a few of them here and there, but it was so nice to have the gang back together again.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I can't think of anything, actually. We were pretty boring this month.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Girl Scout Cookies!

What were this month's disappointments or frustrations?
Work. (Sensing a theme here? LOL) Just some really frustrating moments this month, though most issues seem to have resolved themselves okay. Good thing, too, since I'll be on vacation in early March.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I was finally able to meet my coworker Bill! We've been working together for about 3 years now, but he lives in New Jersey. This was the first time they have flown him in for a meeting. We've exchanged pictures, of course, but it was so nice to finally put a real live person with the voice.

I also stitched for the first time in ages and ages. Not even temari, but honest to goodness cross stitching! It took our first local get-together to prompt it, plus the looming 101 Things deadline, and my arm really hurt!

Star is still doing great. She had her last kitten appointment and has completed her vaccines. She will be spayed next month while we are out of town. She has finally progressed to jumping on the kitchen counter. She has also taken to climbing the curtains in Luke's room, a definite no-no!

We had more snow but it didn't cause any school trouble (that certainly feels like an accomplishment after this winter). This was followed closely by a brief taste of spring for a week or so, warm enough that I was able to wear my warm weather shoes out and about for a few days. Ahhh! So nice while it lasted. Of course, that means allergy season is also right around the corner.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?


Luke has gotten really into drawing in the last few weeks. He has filled an entire drawing pad with his creations and used countless sheets of printer paper. He even made handmade Valentine's for DH and me this year.

He had his 6-year dentist visit. Everything looks great and he now has his 6-year molars sealed. He also got his first haircut since the one he gave himself before Thanksgiving. It happens every time, but I am amazed at how grown he looks with his hair short.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Nothing comes to mind. Really a very quiet month.

Monthly Round Up courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

Currently feeling: rounded

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!