Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Big Bang Theory, Season 2


Big Bang Theory, Season 2


Well, it took us a little longer to get through Season 2 of The Big Bang Theory than I thought it might. We somehow had a few movies stack up on the DVR that had to be cleared first, since regular network television fall premieres start tomorrow. Where has this year gone?

So, season two was definitely grooving right along, and I was happy to finally see (in context) the moment that made us consider watching the show. A friend posted a clip reel on her blog several years ago, and this single quote made me want to give it another try: "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended." I could *not* stop laughing at the time, and it has become part of our "quote library" ever since. We've actually shortened it to just the last part (starting with "I prefer"), but the rest is needed for context for those who haven't seen it. It was from the "Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock" episode, the explanation of which was also in the same clip real, so I guess you could say it was this one episode that hooked us. Just took a while to reel us in. :-)

I think my favorite episode of the season, though, was the one with Leonard's mom. We laughed until we cried! Had to back it up twice because we kept missing the follow-up lines. We've always loved Christine Baranski (and she will *always* be "Mary Sunshine" to us (from Chicago), even though that's not the first thing I remember seeing her in), and she was fantastic in this. I sure hope that isn't the only episode with her in it. We also hit on one other episode we had already seen. It is the Christmas one where Sheldon buys all the bath gift baskets. My parents showed us that one as one of their favorites when trying to convince us to pick up the series. It is pretty funny! So apparently, season two was the clincher for us. Can't wait for the next one! But I'll have to. Won't see my parents for another couple of weeks. Guess we'll just have to settle for new network TV until then.
Currently feeling: ready for more laughs

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!