Friday, January 04, 2013

What's In Store? Theme-a-licious 2013 and More

What's in store for the blog in 2013? So glad you asked! We'll be sticking with some favorite features, there will be an old returning feature, and there will be at least one new item. The big new one is:



My wonderful friend Heather ran a set of monthly stitching themes in 2012 (with Mal Reynolds as mascot). I wasn't really feeling the stitching thing at the beginning of last year, so I chose not to participate. This year, I think I'll give it a shot, even though I'm not as enamored of the 2013 mascot as most of my friends (never even seen a Dr. Who episode; I know, I know, it's on the someday list). You can read more about the monthly themes at this post on her blog.

I've worked out that most of the monthly themes will work with my nearly finished fairy, or I can start the second fairy in the series, and still meet most of the requirements. (Partially cheating, I know, but I want to get her done!) We'll see what else I can come up with along the way to stitch on. I mean, it's not like I don't have a ton of partially begun pieces sitting in the basement or something, right? ::rolls eyes:: I hope you'll join me in doing something fun and creative in the new year!



Returning in 2013 after a one year hiatus will (hopefully) be my monthly round ups. I found there were a few times during 2012 that some of the information I routinely recorded there would have come in handy, but I had neglected to record it anywhere. Also, in order to avoid at least three different monthly features, I have decided to combine the monthly round up with my "Pinspirations" for each month. Since most of what I try from Pinterest are recipes, it fit perfectly with the new foods, restaurants, and recipes question on the round up, and any of the other few things that aren't food related can go underneath (I've created a new round up question just for that).



I will be sticking with Wordless Wednesday on a weekly basis. I will also be continuing with Project 365 into 2013, hopefully with a little more conscious thought and commitment behind it than I did this year. I haven't decided if I want to post a summary of those photos weekly or monthly (or not at all). Still debating. I hate for everything to bunch up at the end of one month and/or the beginning of the next, but doing them on, say, the 15th, doesn't make much sense either. Still thinking on that one.

I also imagine there will be quite a bit of whining complaining documenting our experiences with Luke's psychoeducational evaluation and any resulting fallout treatment adjustments that are needed based on the results. From what I can tell, it will not be a short or easy road. Please think good thoughts for us regarding the upcoming testing.

Is there anything you would like to see more (or less) of on my blog? Let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
Currently feeling: ready to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!