Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Movie Muse Shorts: Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness



Iron Man 3 - We really liked this movie. I'm not sure it was as good as the original, but I do think I liked it better than the second one. It was different from the other two, not in any particular ways that I can articulate, but it just "felt" different. Not in a bad way, though! I think the new director did quite a good job at staying true to the general character brought to life by Jon Favreau while still leaving his own fingerprints on it. Guy Pierce and Ben Kingsley were excellent, as always, and I really loved that Jon Favreau still appeared in the film as Tony Stark's security guy. Long live Happy! Very enjoyable, lots of action, quite fun, with some good laughs thrown in. Just what you want from the first movie of the summer!



Star Trek Into Darkness - I have no idea what I can say about this movie without giving anything away. There is really nothing I can tell you about the plot that would be helpful and still spoiler free, so I won't even try. I liked it as a movie; I thought it was very good overall, despite some gaping plot holes. However, I'm not sure I liked it as a Star Trek film. I feel like they went a little off the deep end with a few things, though I think they brought it back from the brink (more or less) in the end. I am incredibly interested to see where Mr. Abrams will head with the next one. And one thing is certain: I cannot *wait* to see what he will bring to Star Wars Episode VII!

Currently feeling: ready to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!