Monday, January 06, 2014

2013 Weight Loss Recap



So, the above graph shows my weight loss progress for 2013. You can see two things towards the end: 1) I started weighing most every day, thus things get a bit more erratic, and 2) I didn't make much progress at the end. (That straight line patch in the spring is when I was down with my ankle and couldn't stand on two feet, much less step on a scale.) It has been a bunch of two steps forward and two steps back since August. Life happene, I got rather depressed, and the old eating habits and the weight came right back. Not all of it, so I'll take that as a small victory, but I probably could have made 50 lbs lost by the end of the year instead of just 40 if I hadn't done so much back-sliding.

I can't change it now; all I can do is move forward and continue to work on it. I know I've done well, and I should be proud, and I am, but I'm also frustrated that I didn't do better, and the only person to be frustrated with is me. It was important to me to show this, though, so that everyone who struggles knows that I struggle, too, even when there has been success. We just have to keep trying! "Fall down seven times, get up eight." Here's to getting up again.

Currently feeling: hoping to see a continued downward trend in 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!