Friday, January 07, 2005

Everything wrong with this country today (RANT)

I was reading this article about the dip in sales for Kobe Bryant's jersey since the middle of the year, though the most serious drop has occurred in the last couple of months. However, that is not the point here. I really don't care, I was just curious as to the reasons they were giving for the drop. And then I read what is absolutely THE most appalling sentence I have ever read. Now, you know me, and you know I don't usually post things like this anywhere, but especially in my blog. But this just burns me up so bad, I can't stand it. *How* on EARTH can this be a true statement? (Even though I know it to be true.) This is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with this country.
"Industry insiders say that while fans may have been willing to look the other way during the rape scandal, they seem far less willing to forgive him now for what they see as the breakup of a championship team."

GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! And the fans should all have their heads beaten in for that. Yes, I know all about innocent until proven guilty and everything like that, but people! The man was accused of rape, and regardless of whether that was the case or not, he still admitted to sleeping with her (as in cheating on his wife!). But that's okay. You know, he's a guy, a famous one at that, and these things happen. (Please note the *dripping* sarcasm.) But how DARE he be on a losing team?! That is simply unforgivable. Breaking laws and trust is fine, but paying a full grown man more money than God to play a game for a living and then have him mess up a team because he's a raging egomaniac, as are all of his other teammates? Well, we *simply* can't have that, now can we?

I am in no way saying that he hasn't been acting like a jerk or that the fans don't have every right to be upset with him. I do know what has been going on with him, Shaq, Malone, etc. But for jersey sales to go down due only to legal trades and not to breaking laws and/or vows is just... just... words fail me. Rediculous and idiotic just don't seem to cut it. I'll have to settle for this:


/rant

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!