Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Irony of Bedtime Drama

If we would just give in to all of his insane stall tactics, that would still probably be faster (say, 30-40 minutes of stalling) than saying no and dealing with the hour-plus worth of drama that follows. I know it is the principle of the thing. Do what you are told to do the *first* time you are told to do it. It is a battle that needs to be fought on occasion. It's just hard to remember that when he's been screaming for an hour as though blood has truly been shed. Is my skull cracking open yet?

Currently feeling: "women do get wooly, because of all the stress..." (trying to keep my sense of humor; I'm sure several of you know that reference)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish someone would put me to bed earlier at night! Good luck and I'm sure it will be good for him in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((Erin)) We periodically have this same battle with Katie, so I know just what you mean. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!