Thursday, April 19, 2012

Less help, please

Dear car,
I realize that you are trying to be helpful and protect people who tend to forget to lock their doors when they leave the vehicle. However, I had *expressly* unlocked all of the doors when I left you momentarily parked at the end of the driveway. You see, I had an errand to run immediately after picking up Luke from the bus stop. But, there was no need for me to carry the keys with me to wait, so I left them sitting on the front passenger's seat. The last thing I did before closing the door was make sure the doors were unlocked. This was intentional on my part! So you can see how distressing it was to return to the car 10 minutes later and find that you "helpfully" locked the doors on my behalf. While I appreciate the gesture, I wish you would please be a little less helpful in the future. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Erin, who doesn't like being locked out of her car

Thankfully, we were still able to get back in the house, but I had to wait for my husband to come home to get back into the car.

Currently feeling: ridiculous

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!