Saturday, November 01, 2014

Life and Loss

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I last posted. Things have been... overwhelming. I'll try to go back and post a few more details about the events of the last several weeks if and when I ever have the time, but I wanted to give you a quick update.

We've celebrated a life (Luke's 10th birthday):

Click to biggify.


And mourned a loss (Cleo, April 1999 - October 30, 2014):

Click to biggify.



Click to biggify.


We've been through both pain: DH cracked a wisdom tooth and it got infected. That necessitated an emergency trip to the dentist, followed by oral surgery to remove both upper wisdom teeth. (Needless to say, he didn't want his picture taken with chipmunk cheeks.) Luke also had a stomach virus that make him sick every 20-30 minutes for 9 consecutive hours. Probably not something anyone wants pictures of.

And pleasure: Happy Halloween! (He's Ezra Bridger from the new Star Wars Rebels cartoon series.)

Click to biggify.


We're just trying to hang in there and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Hope you all are doing well.
Currently feeling: holding on

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about Cleo. Hope you are doing well. 10 is such a big number! I still have a hard time believing I have a 10 yr old now. Take care, Erin.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!