From the 2011 Year of Memories Brag Book by Dani Mogstad
Click pictures to biggify!
Read, Listened, Watched
Didn't do much reading; I think I finished one Sherlock Holmes short story (still working my way through those). Still hooked on listening to 40s on my satellite radio when I'm home alone (the boys don't seem to have the same appreciation for it that I do).
|photo from Facebook|
- The Rocketeer (new for Luke) - he really liked it! Also his first real experience with Nazis, which made for some "fun" explaining
- Poseidon - not bad for a remake
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - interesting, not bad, but not good really; at least I liked (most) of these characters!
- Living With Lincoln - very interesting HBO documentary about family of scholars who followed/studied Lincoln, starting with the great-great grandfather who was a Union soldier.
- I tried to watch Bridget Jones's Diary, but I didn't make it more than about 20-30 minutes in. I just could not get into it. I never really experienced that kind of single life, I didn't relate to anyone, and I didn't find any of the characters likable. I tried, I really did. I just found it blah and boring and not worth my time.
Old Favorites: Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Marvel's The Avengers (to prepare for Age of Ultron in May), Thor: The Dark World (not really needed for Ultron), Ender's Game, Edge of Tomorrow, X-Men: Days of Future Past, The LEGO Movie, Die Hard With a Vengeance, Fallen, Pleasantville, Big Hero Six, Up
Fun with Family and Friends
Leah as well, though I don't have a single picture to prove it! SIL managed to take one that has one of hers, one of Leah's, and my one and only in it. Does that count as proof? LOL
Milestones, Holidays, Special Events
she earned cupcakes for her trouble).
The Everyday and Routine
The Good, The Bad, The Unusual
So, this is new....
And pitched his first ever game. Walked four straight (I think having an actual batter at the plate really threw him). We'll see if that gets any better. It's hard, though, when both practice and games keep getting rained out!
The discovery that Luke hadn't been turning in homework (that we had taken the time, pain, and agony to do, just couldn't be bothered to turn it in!) was very not good. Nor was the C on his progress report, the second one in a row. We've got to figure out how to nip that in the bud.
Filed under bad for me is allergies. I didn't think it was possible, but they actually got *worse* at the beginning of the month, and even worse when we went to NC, which I truly thought was out of the question. (BTW, 24-hour Allegra only lasts about 22 hours.) I think it was the dogwoods, but I'm not positive. Whatever it was, the several days on either side of Easter were horrid.
Progress on Goals
Goals? What goals? Who said anything about goals? I have no idea what you're talking about.... There was some birthday party planning progress, and I did do a touch of stitching (more on that in the WIPocalypse update in a few days). That's about it.
Currently feeling: a bit damp