Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I have taken the final step

Yes folks, I have officially stepped wholely, totally, and completely into the world of pregnancy. How was I not there before, you ask? Simple. I was still "making due" with regular clothes. But no more, they're just too uncomfortable.

I now have maternity clothes.

Not sure how I feel about that (besides much more comfortable! LOL). There just isn't much selection out there for plus-sized ladies, and when you combine that with the fact that I am not willing to spend $30 for a top or $50 on a skirt or pair of pants, my options become severely limited. To make matters worse, summer clothes are on "seasonal clearance" right now, so finding things in my size becomes even more complicated. How can shorts be "out of season"?! It's the middle of JULY!!! Hello, anyone home in the retail market? It's 95 degrees outside. What the heck makes you think that I'm going to want to even try on (much less buy) a sweater right now?

I figure it will balance out soon enough, though. Every season, the clothes for the next season come out earlier and earlier. Bathing suites used to be in stores in March, then February. I usually see them out around mid-January now. Give it a couple of years, and they'll be out before Thanksgiving. Follow that trend, and eventually, they'll loop back on themselves and all will be right again. I'm just not sure I can wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!