Friday, December 31, 2004

In 2004, I learned....

I posted to a thread like this on one of the BBs I frequent, but I thought it was worth posting here as well. I've also added a few items to the list, as I have been sitting here contemplating the topic a bit more in-depth. In 2004, I learned....
* that being pregnant isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it's no picnic either (particularly in the summer in Atlanta)
* sometimes events that look bad are actually good for you, potentially even better than the plan you would have preferred
* that you are never prepared for motherhood, no matter how much you think you are, until it happens to you (nor can you understand that until it happens to you)
* c-sections are a b*$%#
* the cruelty and disregard for others and their feelings that can be found online is truly amazing
* the love and generosity that can be found online can be even more astonishing
* real friends can be made online, no matter what anyone says
* it is good to have talented friends
* my family is awesome, and I should tell them so much more often
* my husband is tied for the best father in the world (with my own father, of course)
* love is boundless
* babies are simply awesome as they grow and develop and learn
* Luke's laughter can bring simultaneous smiles and tears to my face
* email, digital cameras, and unlimited long distance are the best inventions *ever* to keep first-time grandparents (and uncles) happy! LOL

Wishing you all the best, for 2005 and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!