Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Jenn wins!

I'm sure Jenn got it right, even if she didn't post the answer. That's one of those things that you either know or you don't. The mystery song lyrics were from the Muppet Baby segment of The Muppets Take Manhattan, one of my favorite childhood movies. I caught just that little bit (including Piggy using Gregory Hines's skates to run down the purse snatcher) on television yesterday afternoon, and it really brought a smile to my face. And Luke was simply *fascinated* by the Muppet Babies. It was so funny!

I've only seen him sit that still for something on television two other times. One is for Finding Nemo, which he will sit and watch for over an hour. I don't let him do it often, but when he's uber-fussy and I'm at my wits end, I just turn it on. Having a 5-disc DVD changer, it literally never leaves the player. The other time is at 1:05, 2:05, and/or 3:05, every afternoon. For those of you who watch Spike during the day, you already know what I'm about to say. He doesn't pay much attention to the rest of the show, but when the theme song for Star Trek: The Next Generation comes on, he will literally stop whatever he is doing and stare at the screen until it finishes. If he is where he cannot see the television, he will run (well, crawl rapidly) into the room. It is the strangest thing. Now before you think we watch that much television per day, we usually only watch one of the three episodes, if that many, though I will usually keep it on long enough for him to get to hear the theme song twice.

Looks like he'll have my taste for instrumental scores. Yay! I love Jerry Goldsmith, who composed the TNG theme. I must; I used his main theme to Star Trek: First Contact at my wedding! (Seriously. And stop looking at me like that! Other than the very very beginning intro, just the first few bars, it doesn't sound anything like Star Trek.) I probably own more music scores by him and John Williams than I do CDs by any other "artists." How sad am I? Throw in James Horner, Michael Kamen, and Hans Zimmer, and you've just named the composers of 90% of the CDs in my score section. Okay, I'm rambling. Should probably stop now.

Currently feeling: musical

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!