Sunday, October 23, 2005

Musing on Movies - October 18, 2005

You know you've had a busy week when you can't even answer your own meme in a timely manner.

Movie trailers: some love them, others loathe them. What do you think
of them? Do you make it a point to arrive in time to see them, or do
you try hard to walk into the theater after they're over? Do you ever
watch/download them on the internet? There is even a television show
that that only shows movie trailers. Do you watch that show, or would
you if it was available in your area?


I love movie trailers. BTW, did you know that they are called trailers because when they were first being attached to the reels, they did in fact follow the film (i.e. "trail" the movie)? Obviously, this is no longer the practice, but the name stuck anyway. Personally, I always make it a point to arrive in time to catch them. It lets me know what's coming out, it lets me get a feel for the film (hopefully; some are way off the mark, but not usually), and they're just fun! And yes, it annoys me when people come in late, and to me, that includes while the trailers are running. I'd rather folks come in then than *after* the film has started, though! But if you're going to come in once they've started, please find a seat quickly. Don't stand there loudly discussing the matter; some people are trying to watch. Thank you.

I will occasionally watch trailers on the net. Formerly (you know, BC - before children), when we were seeing 1-2 films a week, I had already seen most every trailer possible, so it wasn't an issue. Now (you know, AD - after delivery), when we're lucky to get to the theater once a month, it's a little more important, particularly for things like Harry Potter. Since that very well may *be* the next movie I see in the theater, I'd really like to see the preview before the movie, so I have started finding them onlie. I'd really like to find the WTC Spider-Man one to download and keep, but I haven't found a copy (not that I've looked very hard). And yes, due to the circumstances explained above (you know, BC/AD), I *do* watch the movie preview program. It's called "In Theaters," and there is a regular version and an independant film version. I usually only watch the regular one (in hi-def on the INHD channels), but I will catch the IFC one on occasion. I try to watch it about once a month (they do current and upcoming films, so that's about all I really need). They're so pretty in HD on our huge screen! :-) Our cable company also has lots of trailers available on demand for free, so that's pretty awesome. I go through that one every couple of weeks to see what's new. It helps tremendously with my theater withdrawal symptoms. LOL

Currently feeling: in need of a theater fix

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!