Saturday, July 29, 2006

Do you know what time it is?!


Credit: Pinky Blinkies


More importantly, do you know what time it is on what DAY? That's right, it is Saturday, one of the few days I get to sleep in, and I pretty much rely on that extra sleep to make it through the week. And to borrow a favorite term of my friend Suz, some Asshat was cutting down trees and using a garbage truck sized wood chipper BEFORE 8 AM!!! Now normally, I can sleep through anything, but I had just been up to use the bathroom, and I was *just* settling down to drift off back to sleep when this nonsense started up. I probably wouldn't have even known if I hadn't already been awake, but being awake at the time, there was NO way to sleep through it. Might could have managed with just the chainsaw, but not the industrial wood chipper. 7:50 on a Saturday morning, with my child still unconscious in his crib, and I'm awake because some Asshat can't be more considerate. Are you seriously telling me this couldn't have waited 3 hours? Go do rural work in the mornings, where the only people you will be annoying are the people who are paying you to do so!

Currently feeling: royally ticked

2 comments:

  1. Crap, I really hate that. Sorry you missed your sleep-in :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. Some Asshats have been building a new townhouse one block over, but right behind my backyard. They start at 7 AM everymorning, including Saturdays. The sound of a buzz saw and hammering is not easy to sleep to.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!