Friday, October 06, 2006

A little better

We did end up going back to the doctor today. His eye was a little less red, but significantly more puffy. She apologized for not telling me yesterday that being horizontal for any length of time (say, in the morning or after nap) can make it puff up so much, since the tissue is already angry and inflamed. That would have been good info to have, but I'm still glad we went. The eye is progressing fine. She checked his ear, too, and she said she is already seeing some improvement, so we should be good to go there. Just finish the antibiotics and we should be all done (with this one, at least).

He does seem a little better, but I'm not sure that is a good thing for my sanity. Yesterday, he was so sick, he layed around like a wet dishcloth all day. Just a little quiet zombie baby. Today, he is feeling enough better to be tired and grumpy and cranky, fussing and screaming about *everything.* >sigh< I am still running a fever of about 99 for no reason that anyone can figure out. Every time I sleep, either at night or for a nap, I feel like I wake up immediately after having *just* closed my eyes, despite the clock insisting that I have been asleep for 8 hours. I am just exhausted. Add in PMS, and I am really not a happy camper right now. I just want to crawl in a hole and sleep for the next three days. But I can't cancel the party because 1) half the folks are already on their way, and 2) one of them has to ask for time off 3 months in advance (seriously), so it's pretty much now or never for him to visit. But in the mean time, I get to stress that Luke will be miserable and everyone will have a horrible time. Not that anyone would ever admit that to my face, but still. And I still have to clean the kitchen, wrap presents, and decorate.

Is it November yet? I've already had more than enough October for this year.

Currently feeling:

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could come out there to help you out! It's no fun being tired and sick and have a party to plan.
    Glad his eye is better. Phew! I'm sure he'll perk up on seeing everyone.

    Have a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a rotten time you've been having :(. Poor Luke, sick for his birthday - I hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH. Nobody likes for their little ones to be sick - least of all when some big event needs to be planned and carried through. ((Erin)) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an extra speedy recovery for all.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!