Tuesday, April 03, 2007

ACK!! I'm not ready!

We interrupt this Disney trip recap to bring you two special news bulletins.

#1: Luke has yet *another* ear infection. Was fussy this weekend, spiked a fever Monday, and was officially diagnosed and prescribed antibiotics this morning. Joy.

But the real reason for this post in the midst of the Disney trip review:

#2: Luke climbed out of his crib tonight! We didn't even know he could. And he did it almost silently. As in, we didn't know he was out of his crib until we heard him close his bedroom door behind him. It took a minute for what we had heard to sink in. Unless the cats have learned to open and close doors, there was only one explanation. He was standing at the top of the stairs by the time we got to them. He went back to bed without a fuss. I don't know if he just wanted to prove he could or what, but he definitely got our attention. I see a toddler bed and a baby gate for the top of the stairs in our near to immediate future. And let's hope it won't require a lock on the outside of the door.

I'm not ready for him to have a big boy bed!!
Currently feeling: overwhelmed

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! We moved Katie into the toddler bed when she started potty training because we wanted her to be able to get up in the night if she had to go.

    We still keep a gate across her bedroom door though. I can usually hear her get up in the night, but it doesn't happen often. If I don't hear her she just stands at the gate yelling "Mama" until I come get her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

    Oops, sorry. I've been in the exact shoes you're wearing now.

    We tried the baby gate (supposedly an "unclimbable" one). Owen was over it in 30 seconds. We ended up having to shut him into his room until he fell asleep, which sounds horrible, but it worked and he was perfectly safe.

    BTW, thanks for the "good luck" card before the bar. I can't believe it's taken me this long to thank you!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!