Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April 2008 Round Up


Blinkie by: Brandy's Blinkies


Monthly Round Up idea borrowed from Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I read a book, I read a book! Written by someone I know, even. It's over there on the left side, A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce. I've known her (by another name) for years on one of my online bulletin boards. I remember when she started writing this book! It is her debut novel, and I know another one is in the works. Congratulations, Stephanie! We're all so very proud of you.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Just the usual, really, though we are very grateful that "the usual" is finally back on television! High Stakes Poker, Rules of Engagement, CSI: Miami, Dancing With the Stars, NCIS, Shark, Criminal Minds, CSI:NY, CSI (Las Vegas), NUMB3RS. ::deep sigh:: Life is good. And the summer movie season starts this weekend! Maybe I can even do better with actually *writing* reviews of the summer movies this year. Of course, that would require that I actually see movies as well. I managed okay last year, and we fully intend to take Luke to see his first theater movie this summer, but that won't be until late June or July. Stay tuned!

What special days did I celebrate and how?
I was a horrible friend. I bought birthday cards early for my two best buds, who both have April birthdays, and neither of them made it in the mail on time. I am terrible! Lots of babies abounding as well. My niece made her appearance in the world, a little bit early actually, but perfectly healthy. My friend Kelli also gave birth to her first child, a boy, on April 29.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
None, despite having a multitude of them laying around that desperately need to go in the mail.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Well, once again, I thought I was going to make it through the month. I had to take antibiotics in both February and March, and I finally felt well! Then I hurt my sciatic nerve and spent three days in the floor. That got me well enough to function, but it still hurts. It won't be "well" (if it ever is again) for a few more weeks. Joy.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
We spent a few days in Little Rock on our family Arkansas trip, visiting the science museum, the Little Rock Zoo, and the park area in front of the Clinton Library.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
We ate at the River Market in downtown Little Rock.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Two brand new laptops! Haven't had much time to play with them, since they arrived the Monday before and Wednesday after I hurt my hip, but they're nice.

What were this month's disappointments?
We started sending Luke to daycare in underwear, but he had an accident more days than not. Been doing pretty well these last few days of April, though.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I don't think I accomplished much of anything. Made up a little scrapping something to go in this years Mother's Day and Father's Day cards. That's about it.

Oh no, wait, there was something! I had my first project actually complete as a project manager. Yay! I was in the floor with my hip when it happened, but still. My very first project is out there and finished and running service. ::sniff:: I'm so proud!

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
His speech therapist said that he is pretty much finished. Just 1 more visit the first week of May, and he will officially be discharged.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Just wacky weather. One Friday, it was 80 degrees, and it sleeted the following Monday! Now if it would just stop raining every Saturday, we might make it to the Renaissance Festival.
Currently feeling: thrilled for our latest additions

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!