Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tag day

Lots to write about, from RenFest and Memorial Day. Just not enough energy right now to do them up proper with pictures and all. So memes for today.

I've been tagged twice. Once by Krista, for which I will point her to this post, which even gets her a bonus item (the original one I did asked for 8). Not sure I can come up with 7 more things people don't know; I'm just too boring! It's pretty much all out there on the blog already.

Also tagged by Heather, and I don't remember doing this one previously, so here goes:

"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about him/herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 or 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer."

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Heather said she had to go back to the Christmas letter she wrote to remember. Me? That is an exceptionally easy question! The end of May 2008, I was turning in my two quarter long senior design project at Georgia Tech, cleaning/starting to pack my dorm room, trying to decide what I would wear to my graduation, putting the finishing touches on the wedding plans for the first weekend in July, trying not to fret about whether or not my brother would be back from Europe in time to walk me down the aisle, apartment hunting for a place to live after graduating/wedding, looking for my first "real" job, and going to the hospital for an ultrasound to make sure I *only* had a muscle cramp severe enough to tear the muscle in my calf, as opposed to a DVT clot that would require hospitalization and blood thinners, possibly causing me to miss both graduation and my wedding. A very slow and non-stressful time of my life, no? (snort)


2. What are five things on my to do list for today?

Only 5?
* RSVP for the Bachelorette Weekend for a friend. (Done)
* Update Netflix queue to keep us occupied this summer without TV shows (besides The Closer).
* Write blog post about RenFest, hopefully to post tomorrow.
* Write up full and complete Movie Musings on three most recent movies: Iron Man, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and The Bourne Ultimatum.
* Sort through accumulated non-bill mail from the last couple of weeks.


3. Snacks I enjoy...

Are there snacks I don't enjoy? Most anything chocolate and caramel (Twix, Rolos, Milk Duds, Milky Way, turtles, etc), pretzels, grapes, Nilla wafers (and they must be Nilla brand), popcorn, Sweet Minglers (WARNING: recipe is evil evil evil and supremely addictive! I personally prefer it with double the peanut butter and minus the peanuts), Rice Krispy Treats, I could go on....


4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire...

Quit my job (terrible that is at the top of the list, no?), secure a plentiful college fund (and maybe private school fund) for Luke, sell this house (no matter what the loss) and buy a new one (not hugely larger, but in a better location), hire lawn folks to care for new house's yard (so it doesn't end up bare dirt except for the weeds, like this one), pay off houses for family and/or for moving for them, replace worn out cars for family. After that, arrange for someone smarter than me to manage the funds and make sure there is plenty for travel (England and Vatican City are supremely high on the list, as is Australia) and not working! Then I'd move on to charitable contributions: Parkinson's research and ALS research would be first (diseases that have taken people I love), not sure where it would go after that.


5. Places I have lived...

How many do you want? North Carolina and Virginia, plus in Georgia: the Atlanta area (5 different suburbs (two of them I was too young to remember), plus downtown), Macon, Walton County, Brunswick, Statesboro.


6. What jobs have I had...

Video counter clerk (only 2 weeks), bookstore, administrative assistant (truly; not a secretary), computer lab assistant, inventory system designer, data analyst (the true passion of my work life), project manager.


7. Peeps I want to know more about...

Oh, tag yourself! LOL Just leave me a comment if you decide to participate.

Currently feeling: you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!