Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Honk Honk


(Another camera phone shot, sorry.)

What is with the geese? It's like they're suddenly everywhere. I can even hear them honking and see their shadows as they fly over the house, which has been almost a daily occurance for a week or more. I don't really remember seeing (or hearing) them in previous years either. I don't know if I was just being unobservant before now, or if Atlanta has suddenly become a choice migratorial goose pit stop. The picture above was taken in the parking lot at Olive Garden (at least they have good taste in restaurants!), and I saw another gaggle in the strip mall parking lot this morning near daycare. Are we being invaded? LOL I don't really mind, it's just a little weird.

Currently feeling: confused

1 comment:

  1. They've been here for about 3-5 years(?) now, but mostly around the Perimeter area. They are a nuisance around the Mall, but Michael's office even had to put up "safety fencing" one year because one decided to nest right in the y-shaped greenspace between the left and right turn entrances to his complex!! They discovered there was no need to migrate back and forth since it's temperate enough here all year....

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!