Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Planning Ahead

One of these days, we'll learn to check on things like this. DH and I planned a spontaneous trip to downtown today to see the new Titanic exhibit at the Aquarium. Being that today is Veteran's Day and DH is a state employee, he is off today. We have tickets for 1 PM, figuring that would easily give me time to take my 10 AM and 11 AM conference calls from home, and still leave plenty of time to arrive at our destination, so I only have to take a half-day.

Except for the parade that we didn't know about until this morning. Downtown. Closing major streets. On 3 out of 4 sides of the Aquarium. The parade that starts at 11:11 several blocks north. And ends at Centennial Olympic Park around 1 PM. Did I mention that Centennial Olympic Park is essentially the front lawn of the Aquarium? Yeah, *great* plan there.

Currently feeling: futile

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry!! I could have told you about the parade. Remember if you ever want to go to the Aquarium, you can park down by our place. I'm sure it was more the traffic trying to get there, but...just sayin'. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! how frustrating. Hope you still got to see the exihibit.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!