Sunday, January 25, 2009

Project 365

A few people have already been told about this, and for anyone who saw my mention of a "secret project" in Friday Confession a couple of weeks ago, this is it.

I have decided to attempt Project 365. Basically, you take a photo every single day for a year. Doesn't have to be a calendar year, just 365 (or 366) consecutive days. It is all the rage on the digital scrapping boards right now, but that's not why I decided to participate. I was inspired by two women who actually did it last year, Patti Blaine and Katie the Scrapbook Lady. Just looking at all of their photos all year long, I couldn't help but think "wow!" I hadn't actually considered doing it myself until Katie posted some tips for sticking with it. After reading them, I thought, "Hey, you know what, she's right. There is no Project 365 police, so if I miss a day (which was my biggest fear about beginning the project), it's not a big deal. Just keep going!" So what the heck, I decided to try it, but I didn't want to announce it until I had some proof that I was really keeping up with it.

Well, after 25 days, I have missed a day, but only one, and it has become almost natural for me to reach daily for a camera. It helps having two cameras, one I keep right next to my chair, and the other that I keep in "the basket" where the car keys and the cell phones and all of our other "giblets" are kept. The idea is that having it there will remind me to take it with me every time I leave the house. That isn't quite a habit like it should be yet, but I'm working on it. I can't say that all of my photos have been amazing. A couple are, maybe, and several are pretty good, but there are also a few that are (I'll admit) downright boring and uninspired, and not very good pictures to boot. But it has been a fun and interesting journey so far, and I can't wait to see where the year and the photos take me.

If you'd like to follow along with my Project 365 photos, here's the link: http://moviemuse365.blogspot.com. I will also be posting a summary mosaic of each month's photos in my monthly round-up. I don't necessarily download, resize, and upload the photos every single day, but I am snapping away every day, and more often than not I get a new one up daily. If anyone who reads my blog is participating or decides to participate, leave me a link in the comments. I'd love to watch your journey progress. Here's to a year in photos!

Currently feeling: what have I done?! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'll play. I had some photos from yesterday, so I started from then. I have day one and day two up. They're at http://elfinladysphotos.blogspot.com/ .

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!