Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 2010 Round Up


No mosaic this month. You've already seen all the good pictures, except maybe this one. This is frost on the curved mirrors on the bus at Luke's school. I thought it was pretty cool! (no pun intended)

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Started reading Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade, by Diana Gabaldon. Finished the first section, and then they Olympics started. Not much reading since. (He's about to see Jamie again; didn't want to get distracted.)

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
* TV Time: Olympics! Which means not much else was on, but that's okay. We're Olympics junkies in my family, so it wouldn't have gotten watched anyway.
* New Films: The Devil Wears Prada (okay; needed more Stanley Tucci), Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (imaginative, but weird)
* Old Favorites: Somewhere In Time, The Mummy Returns, Jurassic Park III, WALL-E, Shakespeare In Love, The American President, Jurassic Park, The Rookie, The Hunt for Red October, Up

What special days did I celebrate and how?
We did absolutely nothing for Valentine's Day this year, not for anyone, plus we were snowed in.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I really can't think of anything.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
We all started coming down with stuff right at the end of the month. Luke was running a fever of 103+ for a couple of days (brought down with Children's Motrin) for no reason we could discern. He was acting fine otherwise (a little tired, but that's about it), so there wasn't really anything to do. DH is dreadfully sick with some kind of head cold which will make Disney next week oh so fun (not), and I'm feeling pretty run down myself (not sleeping enough with the Olympics; totally my fault).

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
I'm sure there was something, but I seem to have forgotten. I blame house stress.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
We tried a new restaurant that is close to the new house, called Pasta Amore. Reminds me a bit of Artuzzi's, actually. Choose your pasta/sauce/meat combo, wraps, sandwiches, pizzas. DH and I tried it first, then took Luke a bit letter. I like the pasta okay. Pretty good and very close, hard to beat. The pizza is pretty good, as were the wraps. DH didn't care for their spaghetti sauce, though. We still prefer Artuzzi's, but it's a lot farther away. Nice to have something good (enough) and close by.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Closing costs! As in, we closed the sale of the old house. YYYYAAAAYYYY!!! There was much drama involved, even up to the very last minute; numbers "not adding up" and daycare calling to say that Luke had a fever of about 104 right as we walked in the door didn't help!

Oh, I forgot: Size 2 shoes for Luke. Yes, I'm being serious!

What were this month's disappointments?
The other three times we didn't close, plus a bunch of mess at work. Not much to say about that yet (if at all). Huge stressful changes coming; won't know the full fallout for another couple of months.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Super ultra nightmare work project is finally done!! Only took 7 months (typical projects are 3-5 months). It was a problem from day 1, and continued to be a problem through day I-can't-count-that-high. Every single time we thought "okay, this is the last thing we have to fix, and then we're good," something else would come up. We've thought we were "almost done" since right after the New Year began. But it's done now, and it's done before we go out of town so I won't stress about it while I'm gone. That's all that matters.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?




Luke has finally started going to sleep in his room by himself! Now if we could just get him to stop waking up at 2 AM every night to move into the den to sleep the rest of the night, we'll be all set.

He also "accomplished" having a note sent home by the teacher regarding his behavior. For some reason during nap one day, he decided he wanted to color instead of rest/sleep, so he picked up some markers near his sleep location and started coloring. On his jeans, on his arms, on his face, on the floor, on the wall, on the artwork of other children near by.... I'm sure you can imagine how happy we were, particularly when we were told "kitty told me to." He apologized, he offered to help clean up (already done by the time we heard about it), we discussed that he is the one responsible for his own actions and that he should not do something he knows is wrong no matter who tells him to. We'll see.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Snow snow snow! Not much else.

Monthly Round Up courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

Currently feeling: just trying to hang on

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!