Sunday, June 27, 2010

Friends are the family you choose

And I've chosen some great ones over the years, if I do say so myself. We ended up having our own little mini Georgia Tech reunion this weekend, thanks to Katie and Rhiannon's wedding. Got to see some folks I literally had not seen in years! Plus, our friends David and Ina announced that they are expecting. I can't believe she kept that a secret for 20 weeks, the little stinker! (Love ya, girl! LOL) We couldn't be happier for them. With a few kids involved, and trying to coordinate everyone's very busy schedules on Sunday, we decided it would be easier to meet at someone's house as opposed to a restaurant, so people could come and go (and kids could play and be loud) as needed.

Since no one had seen the house except family and Kelli earlier in the week, I decided now was as good a time as any for a housewarming and invited everyone over. We had just 6 days after getting back from North Carolina to get ready! But I think the house showed really well, and everyone really seemed to like it (and were all very forgiving of all the boxes). Thanks for coming everyone. We had a really great time, and we should definitely get together more frequently!


Back: Cyndi, David, Ina, Me, Steve, Luke (on a chair), Alex
Front: Matt, Mandi, Nathan, Connie, Sofia, Talley
Not shown: Denise and Brandon

And for fun, some older group shots over the last 14 (OMG!!) years:


July 4, 1998 (at our wedding; sorry for the very old and crummy scan.)


April 2002 (at David and Ina's wedding)


December 2003 (after Talley's wedding)


August 2004 (Baby shower for "Baby Gaston")

Love y'all!!!
Currently feeling: loving my chosen family

2 comments:

  1. That is very cool that you've all stayed friends for so long!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!