Friday, April 01, 2011

Work Layoffs (no fooling)

I know today is April Fool's Day, but I'm certainly not laughing. Work is one of those things I try not to talk much about on my blog, but this definitely warrants a mention.

Half of my group was laid off yesterday. There were two "parts" to our group; one had 8 people (my piece) and one had 4. We lost 5 out of 8 on my part, and 1 of 4 from the other part, leaving us with 6 out of 12 overall. It was based on a change in work volume. We all knew it was coming sometime, and probably sooner rather than later, but we had no clue it would be yesterday. It hit me pretty hard, and I'm still reeling a bit. There's nothing to do but pick up and continue on (and polish the resume, just in case). I'm glad I still have a job, but I hate it for everyone who was let go. I worked with one guy for over 3 years, and I will miss him terribly.

Currently feeling: very sad

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!