Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 2011 Round Up


Click mosaic to biggify. Created using Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Finally finished The Imagineering Guide to Disney's Animal Kingdom. I've tried to get interested in at least three other books since I finished it, but nothing is holding my interest.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
* TV Time: Dancing With the Stars has returned. Pretty straight up otherwise.
* New Films: The Karate Kid 2010 (not bad, really, though I found Jaden rather distracting with how much he reminded me of both of his parents at times). Also saw The Taking of Pelham 123, both versions (liked the way the original unfolded/ended better, but can't really say it was necessarily a better movie).
* Old Favorites: Hercules, Bolt, Field of Dreams, An Affair to Remember, The Birdcage, Aladdin, Brother Bear (I'm sure there were others, but they aren't coming to mind)

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Made pie for Pi Day and green iced cupcakes with rainbow sprinkles for St. Patrick's Day.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Sent (very belated) birthday cards to both of my remaining grandparents. Also did something very special for my best friend that I hope will help her.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I'm being punished for announcing that we had none in February! I should have made something up for that month, I guess. Instead, in March....

My allergy medicine was causing very vivid, intense, and frequently disturbing dreams. Dreams like that make me feel tired in the morning, not rested. After three weeks, I asked the doctor about it. Turns out that it was an interaction with another medication that I take all year round. She switched my allergy meds, and the dreams vanished. So yay for no dreams, but now I'm *back* on a prescription for allergies, just the year the one I've been on for 8 years goes OTC. Of course.

Luke got sick in the night again. It had been a few months, so I've been expecting it for a while. This one was different from usual, though, (I'll spare you the details) and it happened 2 nights (with 1 night of nothing in between), which is definitely strange. A couple of days later, I spent the better part of 2 days fighting not to be sick, so we think this may have been an actual tummy bug this time.

Luke also fell off a chair and hit his forehead hard enough to leave a bump and a mark. It was gone within a few days and never really bruised like I expected, but it sure scared everyone. Let's hope April is substantially less exciting in the health department.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Disney with a new roller coaster for Luke! Also Luke's friend G's birthday party, where DH and I actually got to chat with other grown ups (shocking, I know), and dinner with my parents and grandmother.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
We ate at The Rose and Crown at Epcot for the first time, and I had Yorkshire Pudding for the first time with that meal.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Plane tickets for Boston this summer! (Technically, I think that was a very end of February thing, but I forgot to mention it at the time.)

What were this month's disappointments or frustrations?
Layoffs at work is the most upsetting, though the appearance of The Pit of Despair (small sinkhole in the driveway) certainly wasn't pleasant either. Soccer practice also keeps getting rained out on its usual day, and the one week we actually got to practice on the correct night, the game got rained out the following Saturday!

What were my accomplishments this month?
I honestly don't feel like I accomplished much of anything this month, though I'm sure that's not really true.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?


We're seeing some good improvement in Luke's reading this month. Too bad his behavior hasn't done the same. I take that back, it might be a little better, but not as much as I'd like. Hoping it is just a phase and it will pass. If we're going to have behavior problems at home and at school, I'd rather him get it out of his system *now*. (I'm sure it doesn't really work that way, but a girl can dream.) Soccer also started back. Four of the previous six team members returned, and they are working together really well, including the new boys. I think it is going to be a really fun season (especially if it will ever stop raining).

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Not really.

Monthly Round Up courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

Currently feeling: rounded

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!