Friday, June 03, 2011

Fit To Be Tie-Dyed

All week long, Luke has obsessively reminded us that he needed to bring a white t-shirt to "school" (summer daycare) on Friday. He had no idea what they were going to do with them, but I did. I was intensely curious what the end result would be.



Not sure what I was expecting, exactly, but it wasn't this! First off, it looks exactly the way I think of tie-dyed shirts when I imagine them, in that two-tone center swirl pattern. I know they had help with that part, and I don't know why I'm surprised that they could create that pattern, but it did surprise me that it turned out *so* perfectly.



Secondly, his color choices were a huge surprise! I would have expected blue to be involved somewhere, along with red, green, or (if they had it, though I doubt they did) black. I have a suspicion that his choices were influenced by a certain friend at school, but that's okay. I think it looks phenomenal! And he is so very proud of himself. He's dying to wear it (no pun intended), but I want to be sure and wash it once or twice before we let him do that. Just in case! Don't need a psychedelic colored child on our hands.

Currently feeling: groovy

1 comment:

  1. It looks terrific - well done Luke! Never having studied tie dying I was intrigued by the mirror inmage pattern on the back and wondered if the colour goes all the way through Luke as well!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!