Thursday, March 29, 2012

February 2012 and March 2012 Pinterest Inspirations

Never got around to posting about my Pinterest finds for February, and now the end of March is here, so I'll cover both. Got some really great tips!



Foil to Drain Oil - Line a small bowl with foil and use it to catch grease from browning meat. This was a big "duh." So much easier than trying to get it into a soda can or something!. Just let it harden and toss it.




Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti - This was just okay. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I felt the cream cheese really dulled down the flavors without adding enough richness to be worth it (or the extra calories). not bad, but we probably won't make it again.




Refrigerated Overnight Chicken Pasta - This was also just okay. Again, not bad, just not great, and certainly not worth the oodles of calories.




Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops - YUM! This recipe is a definite keeper. Super simple, but so much more than the sum of its parts. It includes a mashed potato recipe that looks good, but we just served the "gravy" over rice. I can't wait to make it again, it was so tasty!




Medicine Bottle Schedule - It is sometimes hard to remember if you ever gave a particular dose of medicine. Our pharmacy puts labels on the front and back of the bottle, so I had to do my schedule down both sides, but still, it was great!


Source: joyastle.com via Erin on Pinterest


TP roll over wrapping paper - This was disappointing, simply because nearly all of my wrapping paper rolls are too small for this to work! On the one or two large rolls I have, it works brilliantly, that just doesn't help with the other 20 rolls or so.




Creamy Chicken Taquitoes - These were just okay, but I'm pretty sure that is my fault. I can't do spicy anything, so I just left out the green salsa, which I'm sure provided a bunch of both flavor and moisture. Consequently, mine were quite bland and dry. Again, my fault. I imagine they're pretty good if you like the heat.




Find Original Source of Pinterest Images - Did you know you can search Google by image? I know! I've used this trick a dozen times since I learned it. I can't always find the source of the image, but the times I can, it is completely worth it. Great tip!


Source: chicaandjo.com via Erin on Pinterest


Use magazine holder for foil and plastic wrap - Apparently my mom has been doing this for years and I just never noticed. I now have two of these under my kitchen sink. SO much better!




Plain Chicken Soda Bread - I'd never had Irish Soda Bread before, but I decided to make some for St. Patrick's Day (well, the week after; the week of got a little nutty). It was quite good! Not something I will likely make routinely, but good enough for the occasional change of pace. Was excellent with both regular and honey butter.


Source: ehow.com via Erin on Pinterest


Ninja hood from t-shirt - This picture is not a good representation at all, but it is the only real picture at the link. The instructions worked remarkably well. Both DH and I were most impressed with the results, though it did work much better with a long sleeved t-shirt. Can't wait to try it at Luke's birthday party!


Source: shape.com via Erin on Pinterest


Whitening toothpaste to remove polish stain from nails - Not only does this work brilliantly, it has saved me twice now from having horribly stained nails! (Teal nail polish and I will just have to be distant acquaintances instead of bosom buddies.) I had better luck with a cheap tooth brush than a real nail brush, but the concept works shockingly well!




Torn Cotton Ball to Remove Nail Polish - This works quite well, too. It doesn't come off completely in one stroke for me (not sure if that is my impatience or my general use of 4-6 coats of polish and/or top coat), but it's still quite effective. Just a little clean up with a cotton ball and q-tip, and the nails are clean.

So, those are my recent tips and tricks and recipes gleaned from Pinterest. Hope you find them useful!

Currently feeling: well pinned

2 comments:

  1. We don't even waste the foil when draining grease; we put a strainer over a small mixing bowl, let the grease drain well, pop the bowl in the fridge, then scoop out the solid fat. The bowl goes in the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about finishing up one of the smaller wrapping paper tubes and cutting it up to use on the other smaller one in place of the larger diameter TP tubes?

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!