Friday, June 29, 2012

Lunch with Loft-y Friends

It must be the month for having lunch with long lost friends. First, I get to see my friend Leah after about 5 years, and now Heather (whose frequent handle is lottloft, thus the title of this entry) and I finally have lunch like we've been saying we would for, oh, a couple of years at least. We live in the same town, for goodness sake! LOL My friend Annette, who lives in Arizona, has seen Heather at least once and maybe twice since I last did. Heather and I almost met up at Disney World this year, and I think we actually had one crossover day, but we already had commitments to be in different parks that day, so we didn't manage to cross paths. Yes, we apparently make things harder than necessary.



So, after literally months and months (and months!) of promising we would "do lunch sometime," we finally did. She introduced me to YEAH Burger, which was fabulous. I promised myself I would photograph my burger before I ate it, and then I completely forgot. I was overcome by the scrumptious smell! We also ate outside, seeing as there were no seats inside. Yes, on the day it was forecast to be 105F (40.5C).



(Note that the photo above was of the temp just before 5PM.) Believe it or not, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. We were well shaded on a very deep porch (about 5 tables wide by 4 tables deep), they had multiple ceiling fans on high, there was quite a nice breeze (that almost blew us away a couple of times), and we sat right by the door, so we got a blast of cool air every time someone went in our out (which was frequently). We were surely "glistening," and it was probably 80-85 out there (26-29), but we weren't sweltering like we could have been under the circumstances. We chatted for quite a while at the restaurant, then retired to her house for the rest of the afternoon. When I got in my car to leave, the thermostat said 109F (42.7C). Ouch.

I've known Heather for at least 10 years now, probably more like 12. We met through the Teresa Wentzler Bulletin Board. We both went to Georgia Tech, and we're both Disney fans. We always have a great time when we do get together (well, I do, I won't presume to speak for her), you'd think we'd do it more often. We're both just busy people! But we have promised to try to make it at least an annual event, and we're shooting for quarterly. If we hit every 6 months, I'll be happy! LOL

Currently feeling: loving great food with great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!