Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pinterest Inspirations - December 2012

Well, I should have had a few more for the month, but this will do. Starting in January 2013, I will be incorporating my "Pinspirations" into my (hopefully returning) monthly round up.


DIY: sequin ornament - Made one of these in about 2-3 hours. It looks fabulous! It took about 300 pins/sequins to do one 3-inch ball using 8mm and 10mm sequins. I also recommend the 3/4" pins over the 1/2" pins.


Praline Cookies by Plain Chicken - These were very easy and quite tasty. I do think I will tweak the recipe a touch next time. I might use 2-4 Tbsp less flour (it was hard to get it all in there, and the cookies tasted overly floury to me), and I think I would switch to a full cup of brown sugar (rather than 1/2 cup brown and 1/2 cup white). I would also add a pinch of salt.


Crock-Pot Thick & Creamy Hot Chocolate - This was so rich that we almost couldn't drink it. I served 10-ish oz of it, and we could only drink 6-8. Though I've never had authentic drinking chocolate, this is very close to what I imagine that is like. It is good, but super rich, and it makes a ton!!


Snowman Donuts and Reindeer Donuts - As soon as I saw these, I knew I had to do them for Christmas!! They turned out super cute, just like the picture!! I used mini chocolate chips for the snowman eyes and mouth, and they were a pain to place and get to "stick". The white sugar pearls on the chocolate donuts were much easier to work with. Not sure if there is a black equivalent of sugar pearls, but if so, I would try those next time instead.


Snowman from wreaths - Mine wasn't quite this elaborate (no top hat, makeshift scarf actually made of solid red handkerchiefs), but it was still very cute hanging on our basement door. I connected the wreaths using brown pipe cleaners.

Currently feeling: it's good to be pinning again

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!