Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First Baseball Practice

Instead of playing soccer this spring, Luke has requested to play baseball. We finally found a league that is close, affordable, and reasonable with their practice schedule (one night per week, not 3-4). Tonight was his first practice (first game will be Saturday), and he had a blast!


You'd never know he's never played baseball, would you?



He didn't really start "having a catch" with my husband until we signed him up back in February.



Sort-of looks like he knows what he's doing out there. And enjoying every minute!



Then it was time for hitting. I had no idea how this would go.



They hit off a pitching machine, not a child or coach, but he had only ever practiced with my husband pitching to him.



He made some decent contact, though he also missed a few.



Hmm, need to work on his stance some.



Oh, swing and a miss!



Sooo close! Given this is his first practice, I'm sure he will get better. First game is Saturday. Wish us luck!

Currently feeling: put me in coach, I'm ready to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!